Adult Advent Calendar
Christmas is full of wacky traditions. Some, like advent calendars, are things we do. I’m sure there’s some sort of long history why we have these at Christmas time but in my family, it’s an excuse to have some chocolate once a day. The problem is, with standard advent calendars the chocolate is usually cheap stuff and only kids seem to like it. Why should the kids have all the fun? We created our very own adult advent calendar just for adults to enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
- One star shape ornament/One large wooden flat ornament
- 3 types of string in a variety of colours
- 12 card cones or cardboard baubles
- sticker of numbers fro 1 to 12
- Chocolate of your choosing (Hello Rafaellos)
- Start by assembling all your pieces together.
- Cut 4 pieces of string in about 30cms.
- Attach one end of the string to the 4 points of the small star ornament. This may be easier if you hang the ornament on a mantel or off a table so it hangs properly.
- Grab your large ornament and thread the string through the 4 corners and wrap back to the 4 corners of the small ornament. It should hang flat and even so your cones/baubles can hang evenly.
- Take your baubles and poke a small hole into the top.
- Cut 4 pieces of string about 40cm long and poke one string of the thread through the hole you made in the bauble and tie a knot to secure. repeat 4 times.
- Take the bauble with the attached string and weave the thread through the corner of the flat ornament. Add another bauble to the end of the string, poke through the string and tie another knot to secure. Repeat on all 4 corners.
- Cut 2 pieces of string about 60cm long and poke one string of the thread through the hole you made in the bauble and tie a knot to secure. repeat 2 times.
- Take the bauble with the attached string and weave the longer thread through the middle of the flat ornament. Add another bauble to the end of the string, poke through the string and tie another knot to secure. Repeat on the other strong
- Add your numbered stickers 1 through to 12.
- Finally include your chosen candy and enjoy your Adult Advent Calendar